Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Busy Few Months Ahead!



So it’s been a very long while since I’ve posted last. Not gonna lie, life got busy. Not too busy to run, but too busy to write about it. 

Reading my last post (especially if a while ago) always entertains me. Sometimes I forget the chronological order of things until I read an entry detailing several days or weeks of events. Apparently my last entry was on the day of my first interview with a job that never panned out. Thankfully I was able to secure another position and get back to work after my contract ended at Valassis. Currently I am getting my feet wet in the world of event planning. I had my hands in event planning at Valassis but not nearly like I do now. It’s great so far and because I support he President of the company and am not really on the operations side of things, I can leave my work at work and still focus on my family and my passion for running.

On the agenda for the upcoming months are a few marathons. Hartford is in a few weeks, followed by a lovely, much desired vacation to St. John. Then two weeks later is the Philly Marathon. Come February is Hyannis again. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going and take a stab at my first ultra in April 2013. It’s a 50K. 

I’m excited for a few reasons about each race. For Hartford, I will be leading a pace team. I will be leading the 4:25 finishers and though my last two marathons have been completed in well under that time, I’m nervous as hell because people will depend on me to lead them to their victory. Sounds corny, I know, but my training has proven me a slow runner as of late. Hopefully new shoes (as of yesterday) will speed me up. 

As for Philly, I’m excited because I will be running with my step-sister Missy. She did NYC last year, but this will be our first full together. I was thinking this could be my first 4 hour marathon, but having just come off a vacation AND being timed so close to Hartford, I don’t know if I’ll have the stamina to do it in 4 hours. It’s a flat course, so maybe it’s doable.

So, that brings me to Hyannis. Realistically, this could be my 4 hour marathon. I did it in 4:16 this year. If it weren’t for 40 mph winds, I may have been closer to 4:05. I can shoot for 4 hours this time. I’m confident that I will get close!!

So Justin turned three a few months ago. He is doing well. I know I expressed frustrations in previous posts about him going through a difficult phase. Bed time routine is still challenging, but less so than 6 months ago I guess. He continues to go to school three days a week; in fact he transitioned into the pre-school program last week. My baby is getting so big!!

This week I turned 31. Ugh. I still feel waaaaayyy younger than that, so cheers to that I suppose. My birthday weekend was complete. Spent with friends at high-stakes BINGO, then a kid-less night with hubby, then a family feast over brunch, then dinner with mom. Was good!! 

Well if anyone reads this still, THANKS!! I’ll continue to update on mine and my co-runner’s progress as we approach these big races!

 This is Missy and I as we headed out for a 7 miler on Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment