Monday, October 26, 2009

Day One

So, it's early evening. The day is hardly over but I do have progress to report. I slept until 9:00 this morning which was great. My husband went to Dunkin Donuts to get coffees and came home with breakfast sandwiches too. Uhg. Hardly the breakfast of champions-- egg and cheese on a plain bagel. Definitely some fuel for the run, but other than that, no real nutritional value. Coffee was great though. Such a guilty pleasure of mine.

Justin napped for a few this morning then we headed over to my mom's so I could run. My mom only lives about 10 minutes from me, so it's pretty convenient to have her watch him. I ran my three miles but I can't really say I felt good about it. I started slow and stayed slow. I felt stiff and I wondered how I ever ran 13.1 miles only two weeks ago. Since the half marathon on Oct. 10, I've only run once. I ran 3.5 miles two or three days after the race. After that, I felt like I was coming down with the flu so I took a break. Now, back to square one. I felt today like I'd never run before.

Nonetheless, I'm on my way to the Hyannis Marathon. 18 weeks to go! Tam said she was going to run 3 today. Not sure what Kate was going to do.

Other than my breakfast sandwich and coffee, I ate a banana, a granola bar, a handful of pistachios, a Fruitabu fruit thing and just now, shrimp and veggie pizza. I will drink close to 100 oz. of water by the time the day is over and I'll probably have a fudgsicle too. I also worked out with my Boflex weights for 15 minutes, doing various exercises for reps of 10.

Right now I'm nursing Justin and typing with one hand. I probably should get going. Tomorrow is a walk day. I'll probably walk with Justin in the running stroller for 3-5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment