Friday, October 12, 2012

Ready As I'll Ever Be!


Here we are, the evening prior to the 2012 ING Hartford Marathon.  It's very exciting. I'm not the only one who is excited though. My step sister Missy is excited, as well as Justin and my nephew Isaiah. My sister Melissa is presumably also excited, as she plans to run with Missy for part of the half marathon. Justin and Isaiah will be running in the kid's 1/4 dash. It's quite the family affair.

Yesterday I went to the Healthy Lifestyles Expo. Not even for packet pick up, but on official business. I went with my boss to meet with one of the women who works for the Hartford Marathon Foundation. She is interested in having our event planning company produce her expo next year. It was interesting to say the least, discussing all that goes into such an event. My boss is certainly a local icon in the industry and it was pretty neat hearing them discuss all the things they would do to make the event better.

While I was there, I did walk around for my own personal benefit. I bought Justin a cute shirt that reads: "Future Marathon Runner" and I grabbed some temporary tattoos that say "26.2".  I was thinking about putting them on my arm but since it will be ONLY 30 DEGREES at the start of the race, I'm going to have to put them on my cheek.

So a 30 degree temp at the start of the race may scare some people but not me. Looking forward to chilly conditions. The temperature won't get above 55 all day. If there's one thing I hate, it's running in heat, so tomorrow's weather will be welcomed!

If there's anything October is good for, it's unpredictable weather.  The last two years I ran this race, it was warm. I wore shorts and a tank top.  After last year's race (repeat- in a tank top), we were greeted with a foot of snow the very next week.  Silly New England!

Okay, well I'm off to get my massage and then to Missy's for family pasta dinner. Looking forward to seeing my family, especially my sister and two of her kids who flew in from Vegas on Wednesday and I've not seen them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment