Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm a Versatile Blogger (apparently)

Kristin at Mrs. Miller's Miles tagged me as a versatile blogger!

The Rules are as follows:

1) Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their post.
2) Share seven things about yourself.
3) Tag some recently discovered blogs, and pass the award a long.

Thank you Kristin Miller! A fellow runner who is training for her first marathon, the NYC Marathon, mind you, who is saving and improving the quality of lives while doing so. She is supporting World Vision. Please private message her to donate or find out more info!

Okay, so here I go with seven things about myself. They may or may not be interesting, but either way, I'm following the rules...

1. I was married in Las Vegas at one of those quintessential chapels on the Strip. My husband Joe and I have been married for 10 years. We planned a big wedding to be held in October 2002, but in September 2001, we traveled to Vegas (where my sister lives) to attend her wedding. While we were there, we agreed we would save $1,000's if we tied the knot then. I contacted the Candlelight Wedding Chapel, booked our wedding and on September 24 (one day after my sister and brother-in-law were married), we were married by a barely English speaking French-Canadian who, for an extra $50 would have dressed up as Elvis.

2. I have three sisters whose names are Melissa, Melissa and Alyssa. Okay, so only one is my biological sister. One is my step-sister and the other is my sister-in-law. Still makes for an interesting fact :-)

3. I'm a huge Howard Stern fan! Not a day goes by that his show doesn't play on either the computer or Sirius car radio. I listen for several hours each day (my hubby works from home and streams the show from his computer which is just next to the kitchen). Howard is witty, funny and speaks candidly. I can't say I agree with everything he says, but he is the epitome of good broadcasting. I love the News with Robin and calls to Tradio the best!!

4. I have a 17 pound cat. She is all white and her name is White Kitty. We call her Whitey.

5. I have never watched an episode of Jersey Shore, the Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars or any of the other (non) reality CRAP that is sadly taking over prime time television. I love a good sit-com or series. My faves are Fringe, The Killing, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Community and I love Tosh.0 and The Soup. My latest fave is American Horror Story! Excellent series... well written, great acting, original material.

6. I have impeccable time management skills. Most days are NOT dull but I never overbook myself or family and we always have much needed down time. I'm a full time mom, wife and homemaker, a part time waitress, I work at home as an Assistant to the CEO of a web-solutions company, I babysit for friend's children weekly, I train for marathons, triathlons, half marathons and overall HEALTH and WELLNESS. I used to have my own custom jewelry business, but I sacrificed it for the love of running!

7. My lucky number is 9. I have 9 letters in my name. My birthday is 9-9-81 (do the math...9x9=81). I was born at 8:51 a.m., which is 9 minutes til 9:00. I graduated in 1999 and I turned 18 (divisible by 9) on 9-9-99. I'm pretty sure there are more 9's but I can't think right now...

Okay, the original rules say to tag 15 blogs, but I only know of 2 in addition to Kristin's. So here are 2 blogs which I follow and a short description of the authors...

Self Embodiment
- The blog of a personal trainer with whom I went to high school. If you look up "fitness" in the dictionary, I'll bet his pic is there. Seriously.

Strides to Health- The blog of a determined runner (I also went to high school with her). She has high hopes and the will to get her to which ever finish line she'll set her mind her to.

1 comment:

  1. I learned so much from this! And thanks for the shout out! HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE TOSH!? And HAPPY ENDINGS! Have you seen Up All Night? We're very into this!!!

    ReplyDelete