Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stroller Running

Most days I feel great during and after a run. It's no wonder why I enjoy the sport! If I had to run every day with Justin, my 25 pound kid in his 40ish pound stroller, however, I don't think I'd keep running. During and after my 4 mile run with hills today I felt incredibly unfit. Maybe it was the 65 extra pounds, maybe it was the hills, maybe the humidity, maybe a combination of it all.

I don't run with Justin too often. Maybe twice a month at best. If he's able to stay home with hubby or one of my parents, I'll opt to run solo, but today I had to bring him. Don't get me wrong, I love that I have the option. I'd just rather my arms be free and I not push a load up a hill.

I averaged a 9:15 pace which isn't great but still not bad. I love to be in the 8's for anything under 10 miles. The sense of competition I have with myself is awful, I know!!! Why cant I just go out and enjoy the sun on my face and the wind in my hair? I suppose I do, but it seems to be secondary to beating past run times.

Nonetheless I got my workout in for today. I hit the gym yesterday and got a 5er in on Tuesday. Rest day tomorrow then 8-10 miles Saturday morning...minus the stroller thankfully ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment